Just like file “.exe” on Windows, the APK files on Android operating system are used to install the software on the system. So how to download and install the APK file on Android devices, please join the following article to find it out!
What is an APK file?
APK stands for Android Package Kit, which is a specializing file format for Android operating system to distribute and install mobile applications. Like a Windows system using a “.exe” file to install software, Android will use the APK file.
Why should we download an APK file?
Many people wonder why you need to download APK files for mobile devices while Google Play has released these apps. What are the functions and features of the APK File?
Firstly, the APK file is integrated on Android so that users can easily access and experience new exciting features, which are not available on your system. For example, the MOD feature in games or application only exists in the APK file. They are not provided by Google Play. Also, when installing the APK file, it supports users to access some regional restrictions.
The second, the APK file also allows you to bypass to download the latest version of Google Updates to your device. If your Android phone lacks access to Google Play, APK files are probably the only option for you to install apps and other software on your device.
However, you should be careful because the APK allows you to download non-governmental applications. So it will not be legal in some countries. Besides, there are quite a few APK files that contain malware, causing damage and danger to the data system on your device. However, in MODGAMEAPK.NET, APK files are absolutely safe to download. MODGAMEAPK.NET has a team of coders with highly professional and experience. Sure, we will bring you safe, quality APK and many outstanding features.
How to install APK file
Install the APK file for your Android device
You can find lots of APK files on download sites. Besides, you can download them from MODGAMEAPK.NET. Before installing it on your phone, you need to make sure that 3rd party applications have access to your device. Some devices will not ask you to do too complicated things. At this point, you only need to download and install like when downloading applications on Play Store. But there are some high-security devices, which may require you to download from unknown sources. So, you can go to Menu – Settings – Security – activate Allow downloads from “unknown sources”. Now, you just download, click on the downloaded file and click yes then the application will start to install on your device.
For APK files that include OBB (data) files:
Download the APK and OBB files as usual by using the operations we said above. Here, we will guide you with the game Dead by Daylight Mobile APK MOD as an example.
- Download the APK and OBB files of this game here
- Go to the download manager containing the 2 files you have just downloaded. You will see an APK and OBB file. The APK file will be much lighter than the OBB file.
- Next, you click on the APK file to pre-install this file for your mobile device. Then, you go out and set up the OBB file.
- First, you copy this OBB file, exit and go to Android folder. At this point, your directory will have 2 parts including data and OBB. You click on OBB and create a new file named com.bhvr.deadbydaylight. Note: Each game will have its name so you should pay attention.
- Finally, gamers can go to the file we just created and paste the OBB file we just copied. Now, you just need to exit the screen and click on the Dead by Daylight icon on the screen and enjoy the game.
- With other games or applications, you do the same.
Install the APK file from your computer
- Just visit the browser on your PC, you can search a lot of download pages containing source APK files. To download the APK file safely, you can visit our website MODGAMEAPK.NET to download the file and install it. First, you find the APK file you want to download and install; Search and download APK files to your computer and save them to the most easily located location (such as the Desktop). Before installing the APK file on an Android device, you must set up some options for your Android device to allow the installation from 3rd-party apps.
- To do this, go to Menu => Settings => Security and tick Unknown Sources to allow your phone to install apps from sources outside Google Play.
- If you want, you can also download and install applications like ES File Explorer so you can easily find files on your Android device.
- Once the APK file is downloaded on your computer, you can use a USB cable to connect your Android device to your computer. At this point, a new menu will appear on your Android phone screen asking if you want to charge your phone or connect as a media device. Your task is to click on connecting to the device as a media device.
- The next step is to search for your phone directory on the computer. Open “My Computer section or Computer, you will see your Android device folder. You just copy the APK file to any folder in your Android phone directory.
- On your Android device, you can find the APK file you just copied and click Install to start installing it.